Title: CONTENT EDITOR
Reports to: HEAD OF CONTENT
Based in: LONDON CONTENT EDITOR
Tech City UK About Tech City UK Launched by the UK Prime Minister David Cameron in 2010, Tech City UK supports digital entrepreneurship across the nation, with regional bases in London and Northern England. Our aim is to help accelerate the growth of promising digital businesses in the UK.
We do this by focusing on three areas:
1. Lifecycle Programmes - running programmes that help digital start ups through every stage of their maturity – from seed to IPO or trade sale;
2. Digital Skills Gap – we are closing the digital skills gap by creating products and services that make a measurable difference;
3. Thought Leadership & Advocacy – using all the data, intelligence and connections with the community, we are able to create reports and events that mark us a thought leader in creating digital ecosystems The culture is one of a start up with a lean mentality. We aim to be agile, transformative and authentic in our day-to-day operations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
● Planning, writing, commissioning and editing content in line with the content strategy set by the Head of Content
● Working closely with the Head of Content to execute the content strategy to 'Inform-Inspire-Champion-Connect' our audience across our website, blog, social media, video, programme marketing, campaigns, newsletter, email and other activity, ensuring a healthy mix of content marketing, editorial and comms/PR ● Drafting press statements and requests for comment by media, working with the CEO and senior management team
● Managing a content calendar to ensure all content is planned ahead across programmes, projects, reports, events, editorial themes, and other activity, as well as external events and opportunities
● Work with the Marketing Executive to manage our social media channels ● Producing and/or commissioning video content ● Work closely with marketing managers to create and execute content plans as part of an overall programme marketing plan
● Work closely with colleagues to identify content and marketing opportunities ● Working with news outlets and colleagues at TCUK to identify/source/produce stories and data to generate regional, national and international media coverage
● Reporting on content performance across the board based on agreed OKRs and KPIs including blog and website page views, social shares, engagement on social channels, and audience feedback, benchmarked against previous performance ● Building our audience across channels as demonstrated by increasing web visits, page views, Twitter followers, Facebook fans, YouTube subscribers, newsletter subscribers, and other agreed KPIs
● Encouraging a culture of content across the organisation, prompting everyone to come up with ideas and consider how their work and what they’ve learned/heard from others, could be turned into great content, from interesting comments made at events and stakeholder meetings, to data gathered when compiling feedback after events
● Represent Tech City UK in your interaction with the tech community and share its vision and mission
Skills and experience
● Writing, interviewing, editing in a professional context - essential ● Experience working as a journalist or content editor - preferable
● Experience working in the digital, technology or small business sectors - preferable
● Experience working as part of a wider marketing team - preferable
● Writing qualification - desirable
If you are interested, please send a covering letter, your CV and a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. No agencies please. Tech City UK is an equal opportunities employer. Job applicants may be asked to provide evidence of their ability to work and live in the country where the role exists.
Get in touch through the Contact Us Form below or the Help pop-up at the bottom right of the page