Title: Digital Skills Assistant
Reports to: Learning Lead
Based in: London
Launched by the UK Prime Minister David Cameron in 2010, Tech City UK supports digital entrepreneurship across the nation, with regional bases in London and Northern England. Our aim is to help accelerate the growth of promising digital businesses in the UK.
We do this by focusing on three areas:
1. Lifecycle Programmes - running programmes that help digital start ups through every stage of their maturity – from seed to IPO or trade sale;
2. Digital Skills Gap – we are closing the digital skills gap by creating products and services that make a measurable difference;
3. Thought Leadership & Advocacy – using all the data, intelligence and connections with the community, we are able to create reports and events that mark us a thought leader in creating digital ecosystems The culture is one of a start up with a lean mentality.
We aim to be agile, transformative and authentic in our day-to-day operations.
What’s involved in the role?
Reporting to our Learning Lead, the Digital Skills Assistant will help run and develop our workshops & training programme - Tech Immersion. You will be responsible for managing our conversations with potential and new clients, organising workshop sessions, making sure everything runs smoothly on the day and following up with our network of Tech Immersion graduates. You will also have the opportunity to develop your skills as a presenter, get involved with other areas of our work and shape the future of their role. Finally, the role will also provide support across the Talent & Skills area of the business, getting involved with lots of exciting projects. Who we’re looking for You will enjoy solving different challenges every day, talking to some of the UK's largest companies and taking responsibility for the growth of our workshop business. You will be someone who loves to organise and takes pride in always being well prepared. Finally, you’ll be an entrepreneur at heart, always looking for new opportunities to develop both our products and yourself.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
● Manage customer inquiries & follow up on interest from companies ● Coordinate the proposal writing and contract process for Tech Immersion
● Manage logistics, training calendar and catering for Tech Immersions
● Provide support throughout training sessions
● Follow-up with attendees and manage communication with alumni
● Develop capacity to deliver tech immersions independently
● Provide support to other programmes where capacity permits
Essential skills and experience
● Experience ○ Business development, sales or client management experience ○ Prior training or presenting experience desirable but not essential
● Skills ○ Strong organisational skills ○ Excellent communication skills and functions well within a team ○ A self-starter capable of managing their time and working independently when required ○ Strong entrepreneurial skills and initiative to help the business grow
● Attitude ○ You love turning what you have into something more and want be an important part of a business’ growth ○ A passion to take all existing skills to the next level, as well as learn new ones
If you are interested, please send a covering letter, your CV and a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. No agencies please. Tech City UK is an equal opportunities employer. Job applicants must prove their ability to work in the UK.
Download Job Description
Or get in touch through the Contact Us Form below or the Help pop-up at the bottom right of the page