Title: Tech Nation Visa Scheme - Programme Manager
Reports to: Government Relations Lead, Tech City UK
Based in: London based
About Tech City UK: Launched by the UK Prime Minister David Cameron in 2010, Tech City UK supports digital entrepreneurship across the nation, with regional bases in London and Northern England. Our aim is to help accelerate the growth of promising digital businesses in the UK. Our culture: We are a small but fast growing, high performance team with high standards and big ambitions. We strive for excellence in everything we do.
Our aim is to be transformative and collaborative in our work. We focus on speed, scale, smart resourcefulness and unbounded optimism. We never start with ‘no’. We’re solution oriented and always focus on the outcome and the impact of any project or priority. We’re a curious bunch, creative and a little quirky. We debate things passionately in team meetings and stand-ups. We agree and disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on making a big difference through our work at Tech City UK.
The Challenge of the Role: The Tech Nation Visa Programme Manager will work predominantly on raising the awareness of the Tech Nation Visa scheme, both nationally and internationally and ensuring that there is a continuing increase in application numbers. You will be required to streamline the application process to make it as ‘user-friendly as possible,’ improve the guidance document and ensure all application data is captured. Some data analysis will be required. You will also be required to build out the Tech Nation Visa alumni ambassador programme and coordinate alumni events. You will be very detailed oriented, flexible and creative with an exceptional execution ability.
A genuine passion and interest for the UK talent landscape particularly in relation to tech startups and scale-ups is desirable. This role requires a flexible and creative mindset alongside exceptional execution ability. This is a unique opportunity to continue to build Tech City UK’s visa scheme, which is becoming increasingly vital to the growth UK tech talent pipeline. General Role, Purpose & Scope:
● Work with the Head of Programme to raise awareness of the Tech Nation Visa scheme and increase application numbers.
● Assist in the management of the Visa Programme internally, as well as with relevant third parties (Home Office, UKVI, Partner experts) Main Responsibility Areas & Key Tasks
● Manage the rollout of the Tech Nation Visa online platform and ensure incoming applications are being processed currently and in a timely fashion with all applicant information logged onto our internal database;
● Management of the current website and application tool stack;
● Respond to incoming enquiries about the visa process and assist applicants with wider immigration issues; ● Offer support to Tech City UK’s Future Fifty and Upscale companies as well as expert partner’s portfolio companies with any visa enquiries ● Work closely to with the marketing team to ensure all materials are up to date with upcoming immigration changes;
● Continue to collect and monitor KPIs for the visa programme;
● Nurture the relationship with UKVI and the Home Office to ensure efficient workflow, fast response and open channels of communication;
● Grow our network of visa expert partners in order to ensure that we are able to manage the increase in applications received; ● Raise awareness of the Tech Nation Visa scheme by publishing relevant content, gathering case studies and improving FAQs ;
● Work on improving eligibility criteria by putting together templates of recommendation / cover letters to provide more complete information for applicants;
● Working closely with the events team to organise quarterly breakfast events to continue informing the tech ecosystem about this visa route. Desired skills
● Law background with an interest in Immigration ● Organised with great attention to detail
● High levels of professionalism and discretion ● Experience of having worked in an office environment Contact Details If you are interested, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to email@example.com, by 7th of August. Interviews will take place the following week.
Tech City UK is an equal opportunities employer. Job applicants may be asked to provide evidence of their ability to work and live in the country where the role exists.