Title: MARKETING MANAGER
Reports to: HEAD OF CONTENT
Based in: LONDON MARKETING MANAGER
Tech City UK About Tech City UK Launched by the UK Prime Minister David Cameron in 2010, Tech City UK supports digital entrepreneurship across the nation, with regional bases in London and Northern England. Our aim is to help accelerate the growth of promising digital businesses in the UK.
We do this by focusing on three areas:
1. Lifecycle Programmes - running programmes that help digital start ups through every stage of their maturity – from seed to IPO or trade sale;
2. Digital Skills Gap – we are closing the digital skills gap by creating products and services that make a measurable difference;
3. Thought Leadership & Advocacy – using all the data, intelligence and connections with the community, we are able to create reports and events that mark us a thought leader in creating digital ecosystems The culture is one of a start up with a lean mentality.
We aim to be agile, transformative and authentic in our day-to-day operations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
● Create, manage and execute marketing plans for our core programmes, reports and campaigns, working closely with the project managers and wider marketing team
● Manage the website including the build of new web pages, campaign pages, and addressing any technical issues
● Write blogs and create other content in line with programme and other project marketing plans ● Create and manage an SEO plan for our website and social media content, identifying opportunities and suggested content
● Create and execute an outreach plan to ensure our content is seen and heard
● Create and manage marketing plans for all commercial partnerships ● Work with the events team to optimise marketing opportunities for all events
● Seek opportunities to optimise our web, social, email and other marketing channels, applying industry best practise marketing techniques across all our platforms
● Reporting on website, social media and campaign performance using analytics tools, documenting and applying the learnings ● Building our audience across channels as demonstrated by increasing web visits, page views, Twitter followers, Facebook fans, YouTube subscribers, newsletter subscribers, and other agreed KPIs
● Encouraging a culture of content across the organisation, prompting everyone to come up with ideas and consider how their work and what they’ve learned/heard from others, could be turned into great content, from interesting comments made at events and stakeholder meetings, to data gathered when compiling feedback after events
● Represent Tech City UK in your interactions with the tech community and share its vision and mission
Essential skills and experience
● Experience managing marketing projects and campaigns from brief to completion
● Experience managing a website, building web pages, and managing new development improvements
● Experience devising and executing marketing plans for products/projects/programmes ● Experience writing blogs, emails, social and other marketing copy
● Wordpress, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, and other marketing tools and software
● Optimising web/email/social/CRM and other marketing channels to maximise traffic and engagement
● Performance tracking and analysis
● SEO using industry tools and software to optimise website and identify content opportunities
If you are interested, please send a covering letter, your CV and a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. No agencies please. Tech City UK is an equal opportunities employer.
Job applicants may be asked to provide evidence of their ability to work and live in the country where the role exists.
Job Description PDF