Title: Partnership Manager
Reports to: Head of Business Development Based in: London
Travel: Regular national travel
Tech City UK Partnership Manager
About Tech City UK
We believe the UK is the best pace to start and/or grow a digital business.
We started life in Shoreditch, East London in 2010, launched by the UK Prime Minister David Cameron, to support the East London tech cluster known as London Tech CIty or Silicon Roundabout. We have since grown our support nationally - from Greater London, the Northern Cities, and other major cities around the UK, through key initiatives like Tech Nation and Tech North.
Our aim is to help accelerate the growth of promising digital businesses in the UK.
We do this by focusing on three areas:
● Business Lifecycle Programmes - such as Upscale , Future Fifty and Northern Stars - these help digital startups through every stage of their maturity – from seed to IPO or acquisition
● Digital Skills Gap – we are closing the digital business skills gap by creating products and services – such as the Digital Business Academy and Tech Nation Visa
● Thought Leadership & Advocacy – using data, intelligence and connections within the community, we are able to create reports and host events that mark us as thought leaders in creating digital ecosystems. Examples include Tech Nation and Tech North’s Founders Network
The culture is one of a start up with a lean mentality. We aim to be agile, transformative and authentic in our day-to-day operations.
The Challenge of the Role You will be responsible for generating commercial revenues that drive our expansion beyond activities based on our basic government funding.
Working with the Head of Business Development you’ll be responsible for:
● Shaping and executing a framework for partnerships ● Identifying new sales leads ● Pitching products, programmes and other services
● Account management of existing partners. Main Duties & Responsibilities
● Identify and secure a strong set of business and marketing partnerships with private and public organisations.
● On-board and account manage the day-to-day relationship with assigned partners. Ensuring existing partners are provided with access to the benefits agreed, are kept abreast of our activities and have the opportunity to be involved in new Tech North & Tech City UK initiatives and programmes
● Support the Head of Business Development in the creation and execution of the Partnership Acquisition plan. This includes, but is not limited to, developing partner offers, creating partner proposals and putting together campaign/event schedules
● Collaborate with programme leads to ensure that events are conceived and executed to the highest quality to satisfy guests and partners ● Represent Tech City UK and Tech North in your interactions with the tech community and share the vision and mission
● Contribute to the work of the wider communications and engagement team, including internal/external communications, public affairs, media work and events, as appropriate. Desired
Skills & Experience
● Ideally you will have a year or more experience in sales, partnerships or account management
● Able to build first class, productive relationships with Partners and work at all levels up to senior management ● Excellent attention to detail and a strong track record of proposal writing ● You are passionate about, and have experience of working in the digital and technology sector.
● Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills ● Excellent communicator, able to present professionally and confidently
● You are personable and enable to quickly build strong and positive relationships with stakeholders
● You are a highly-motivated self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team
If you are interested, please send a covering letter, your CV and a short email to email@example.com for more details. No agencies please. Tech City UK is an equal opportunities employer. Job applicants may be asked to provide evidence of their ability to work and live in the country where the role exists.
Job Description - PDF
Or get in touch through the Contact Us Form below or the Help pop-up at the bottom right of the page